- Assignment in a Change of Control
- Collaborative Development Financings*
- Handling IP Assets in an M&A Transaction
- Drafting IP Reps and Warranties
- Market for IP and Tech Transaction Lawyers is Heating Up
- Life Science Collaboration Agreements
- IP Ownership in Joint Development
- What is a Technology Transaction?
- License Animation Project
- Reseller vs. License Agreement
- What do Lawyers Do?
- Software Warranties and Liability
- Startup Company Forms
- My “trivial” homage to Steve Jobs
- Einstein on Branding
- Legends of Caltech
- Andy Rooney: Mathematician or Lawyer?
- Survey of Most Negotiated License Provisions
- Who Reads the Boilerplate?
- New Yorker Style Cartoon Caption Contest
- What’s the name of that dish with the lamb in it?
- NDA’s: The Stepchild Agreement
- Biotech Valuation
- Did I forget a provision?
- Patent this logo, trademark this invention ?
- 10 Considerations in a Life Science License
- David Letterman’s Top Ten
- Tetris Blocks
- The 9 Lives of Palm
- Making my own Rubik’s Cube
About this Blog
Richard Hsu is a Silicon Valley Technology Lawyer who believes we are so overloaded with information that if you cannot be brutally pithy and honest, it won't get read. Even though I spend most of my time negotiating complex licenses and wrestling with thorny technology issues, I want to use that experience to provide --hopefully-- useful information which can be summarized on no more than ONE PAGE.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
-- Albert Einstein
What inspired me to start this blog:
Articles about the One Page Blog
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of AsiaInfo-Linkage in Going-Private Transaction
- Diablo Technologies on Product Combination, Marketing Partnership with SMART Storage Systems
- SINA on Sale of 18% Interest in Weibo to Alibaba
- RAE Systems on Sale to Honeywell
- TIBCO Software on Acquisition of Maporama Solutions
- Symphony Technology Group’s (First Advantage) Acquisition of LexisNexis Risk Solutions Unit
- NASDAQ OMX’s Acquisition of Thomson Reuters’ Investor Relations, Public Relations and Multimedia Solutions Businesses
- Cessna on Joint Venture Contracts with CAIGA Subsidiaries
- SafeNet on Sale of Government Solutions Business to Raytheon
- Ethical Oncology Science on License Agreement with Servier
- Nuance Communications’ Acquisition of QuadraMed Unit
- Ramtron International in Acquisition by Cypress Semiconductor
- Francisco Partners in Acquisition of Plex Systems
- VMware in Acquisition of DynamicOps, Inc.